Monday, August 11, 2008

why? why seek family?

Why would I be searching for my family? Mostly because it has taken a great long time to find my real family. It became clear to me early that I was not born to my real people and not in my right place. Now, in this time, decades later, I find myself actually sitting with people who feel like my family. If you have a family that really feels like the real thing, you might not understand why I wish for the one that feels deeply that it is family, where I am included, respected and listened to, where there is plenty of room for me to be just exactly what I am, what I have made of myself out of the experiences I have had pursuing the ideal of a real family. I feel I can relax now with nothing to prove. It makes a huge difference to how I can become now: what a blessing to pass on something of the accumulated wisdom of nearly 7 decades.

This realization of true family happened more deeply in me than simply in my brain mind, it is felt in my body mind, the feeling part of myself that lets me know things I need to know that are not worded, not thought or said, are simply energy in motion. The better I am at observing myself, the better I have become at discerning where and with whom I should be to evolve naturally, that is, the way I see my true self. The adopted family I have found (and who have found me) gives me a place to work on these things.

The idea to blog and to eventually build a web site called LotusWFive, of course, has come out of a felt experience that once I have found that family I can truly make a contribution of myself. Our simply sitting together being in conversation, enjoying the morning coffee or the evening desert together has shown me that everything that we are here, what we do here, and what we talk about here is knowledge needed and wanted by every human on the planet either as a direction to go or a validation of where we have become our best. I believe that these understandings are food for thought and very worth blogging about. Bon Appetite!

We are going to be at Mt. Shasta for about a week over the full moon lunar eclipse on Saturday, August 16th and later camping across on the Eddys. I will not be blogging until I return so have a good holiday.

No comments: